Monday, June 1, 2009

change of plans....

So, I was planning on telling you a story this weekend, but my plans got changed. I'll have to tell a different one.

Friday afternoon I was planning to have a relaxing weekend. Not do too much, ya know? Well, my mom called me at 3pm to tell me that my grandma was in the hospital with chest pains and did I want to ride along to see her. My grandma lives in Potsdam, NY. We, live near Rochester. It's a 5 hour drive on a good day. I was not about to take the babes with me. So, I called my hubby and asked if he could have Saturday off from work. Praise the Lord, he said yes! He stayed home with the kids.

My mom and I headed out Friday evening, spent the night in Watertown & then proceeded to Potsdam in the morning. We went straight to the hospital, where we sat for 41/2 hours waiting for the doctor to tell us what's going on. My grandma was the LAST patient on his rounds. He finally came in and told us that she had had a bad asthma attack, but she should have a stress test to rule out anything else. He then proceeded to send her home..... (We did not know that my grams has asthma! When did a doctor ever diagnos that? My gram needs a new primary care doc.) We got her set up with a nebulizer and she was fine. Oy! What a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment