Sunday, August 30, 2009

caught off guard

I was totally caught off guard today. My dad called me after church to let me know that my cousin, J'Michael, had passed away. Although it is quite unexpected, there is some background to his death.

About 2 years ago, J was skateboarding home from somewhere (I don't remember whether is was a friend's or work) and he was hit by a car. He wasn't wearing a helmet and he suffered head injuries. He was in the hospital for a while and was left with sproadic seizures.

He just got married recently and his wife found him this morning. He had a seizure, then fell & hit his head. He was 28; days away from his 29th birthday. He lived in San Diego, near his sisters. His mom (my mom's sister) lives in Hawaii. I met J once when I was 8 and we went to California for a vacation.

He will be missed. For all he was and all he could have been. We loved you J'Michael. I wish we could have known each other more.

No comments:

Post a Comment