Friday, August 14, 2009

Cakes

So, I took these cake decorating classes through Wilton from April to July. At the end of each 4 week course, we had a "final" cake that we made with all the skills we learned. Well at the end of Course 4, I gave my final cake to my friend Heidi. She liked it much & asked me to make her daughter's birthday cake. I said I would.



Well, this summer has been a little on the cool side, until the last 2 weeks. Then the earth decided to warm in WNY and it has been extremely humid & hot. Hope's birthday is today. Try making things out of fondant in 90% humidity. It don't work so good. My decorations were half dry & the flowers didn't hold their shape well.



After I baked the cupcakes, I put them on baking sheets to cool. Apparently my 17 month old thought they didn't look good there, so she put some in her belly. Had to make another batch. She also didn't like the frosting I put on, and but that in her belly as well. One more batch of frosting to replace lost batch.



And then on the way to deliver the cakes, they all decided to flip over in their case. Not good. Smudged frosting & lost flowers.



How did I remedy these weather & driving related mistakes. Did I cry? A little. But then I had a brilliant idea. Buy a cupcake tower & stack! This hides a plethera of incident induced blemishes. Here is my finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment