Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Smoothies

Ian has a thing for smoothies lately. Can't say that I blame him, they're fantastic. Except I had no real way of making him one and I'm not willing to pay good money for one. Somewhere out there, I read that I could use my food processor to make them. Yeah, not a good idea. Nothing really pureed well enough and they were too thick to drink.

So, what to do now? Smoothies are so healthy & any way I can get more fruits & veggies in my family is great. I decided I was going to research blenders. There are way too many choices for blenders! I read reviews, compared features & thought I might lose my mind! So, I just gave up & decided to go get one.
My mom gave me $50 for Christmas, so I set that as my budget. Have you checked blender prices lately?!? For something that just makes food drinkable, they want an awful lot of money! Anyway, I found one at the local bed & bath store in my price range (-ish). AND, I had a coupon (which turned out to be expired & I pretended I didn't notice & they used it anyway!). So, I spent $51.83 on this beauty (IN BLACK), and we've used it just about everyday since we got it. It's fantastic.

Cuisinart® SmartPower™ 7-Speed Electric Blender

My next wishlist item is a good Belgian Waffle Maker. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment